Happy New Year 2011!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

A friend of mine Andrea Marie wrote this and I wanted to share her thought with you and this is what she said and I totally agree with it.

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves"

Which one are you?? I like to think I'm more of an optimistic person who finds joy and appreciates the simple things in life. This year, I've cried tears of joy and laughter as well as sorrow and grief. I've been able to try new things and further discover myself as I get closer to my dreams and goals. I've missed out on opportunities. I've lost old friends as well as gained new ones. I've witnessed family bonds grow stronger while other bonds start to unravel. 2010 has had its highs and unfortunately its lows. I hope that 2011 comes to all of us with the largest blank canvas anyone could imagine, so that we can paint over it happiness, prosper, love, forgiveness, patience, luck as well as endless opportunities to do so.

My New Year's Resolution is to NOT make any New Year's Resolutions. Retrospectively, every time I make the list, I felt more pressured and more vulnerable to failure and its side effects. The fact is, we ALL and WILL fail at times. The important thing is to accept that it happened, learn from it, and move on with the knowledge and newly acquired wisdom, so that if misfortune strikes again, you are better prepared to fight the battle and win.

We can't control life, however we can control our thoughts and actions. Positive nurtures strength.

Happy New Year, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind